Latin American Bible Institute (LABI), now Christ Mission College (CMC) was the result of the fervent prayer and great faith of the Rev. H. C. Ball and his devoted wife, Sunshine. LABI opened its doors for the first semester of classes on November 8, 1926 at its first location in the annex of Templo Cristiano at El Paso and South Cibolo Streets in San Antonio, Texas. The first commencement was held in May of 1928.
As students continued to show a desire to serve the Lord, the school was moved to its second location at Saspamco, Texas in 1935, eighteen miles south of San Antonio due to limited accommodations. In the fall of 1945, LABI moved to its third location at the corner of Shultz and Padilla streets in El Paso, Texas, to accommodate a growing student body. Later the need arose again and the school was moved in the summer of 1981 to the place of its cradle and its fourth location at 10822 FM 1560 North in San Antonio, Texas, where it has been for nearly 38 years.
At the May 4, 2017 Homecoming, Rev. Dennis Rivera, Chairman of the Board of Directors declared that LABI was giving birth to a new institution called Christ Mission College that would pursue its destiny while honoring its history and purpose. CMC teaches that ALL Christians are called to follow Christ, be His church, and go into all the world making disciples. (Matthew 16:18; Matthew 28:18-20; John 14:12)
Then, as Latin American Bible Institute, and now as Christ Mission College, we continue to passionately prepare and graduate students who pursue their God given callings to take their places across world, accomplishing the Lord’s work.